Cherie Dessauer Nobles is a Member of Heller, Draper, Patrick, Horn & Manthey, L.L.C.. Cherie Dessauer Nobles works in the bankruptcy practice group of the firm and concentrates on debtor and creditor rights. Ms. Nobles has experience in representing large, complex companies and small companies in bankruptcy. Her experience includes representation of debtors, trustees, unsecured creditors’ committees, and creditors in commercial bankruptcy and workout business cases in chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University, J.D., 2006
- Louisiana State University, B.S. International Trade & Finance, 2002
Professional Honors and Activities
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Louisiana Rising Star (2019)
- Member – Louisiana, American and Federal Bar Associations
- Member – New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member – Board (Louisiana Division) for International Women’s Insolvency Restructuring Confederation
- Member – Bankruptcy Subcommittee for Louisiana Uniform Title Standards
Ms. Nobles graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in International Trade & Finance in 2002 and received her Juris Doctorate and Bachelor of Civil Law degree in 2006 from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University. Ms. Nobles also attended law school in Lyon, France at the Universite de Lyon. While in law school, Ms. Nobles was named to the Chancellor’s list and participated in Thirst for Justice and Mock Flory Trials.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Author for the Bankruptcy section of the Recent Developments in the Louisiana Bar Journal
- Author Federal Bar Association’s Weekly Circuit Updates – Bankruptcy Section
- Speaker on Preserving and Prosecuting Claims Post Confirmation (2012).
- Co-author – Numerous CLE seminar materials
- Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- All District Courts of Louisiana
- All Bankruptcy Courts of Louisiana
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. District for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District for the Northern District of Texas