Leslie A. Collins practices primarily in the areas of bankruptcy and tax. Since joining the Firm she has specialized in bankruptcy tax issues and healthcare insolvencies. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Collins was a Director at Tulane Medical Center and served as the Director of Planned Giving at Touro Infirmary and Loyola University.
She has extensive experience in the tax and regulatory planned giving aspects of hospitals and universities. Her LL.M. in Taxation and work have provided her with experience in planned giving issues related to non-profit entities and hospitals. She has lectured extensively on the subject of estate planning, charitable giving and planned gifts, and helped with the formation and qualification of the Touro Hospital Foundation.
- Loyola University, J.D., 1983
- Boston University, LL.M. Taxation, 1984
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1979
Professional Honors and Activities
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – American Bankruptcy Institute
- Served as a Board Member of Charity Hospital in New Orleans
- Past President of the Louisiana SPCA
- Member – Advisory Committee of the Louisiana SPCA
- Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- All District Courts of Louisiana